Friday, August 9, 2013

Great News!

Happy August everyone! Can you believe it's already August? School's right around the corner, and let me tell you I cannot be more ecstatic to get the school year going. And what's one reason I can't wait? School supply shopping! Yes, it may be a little funny that I still look forward to school supply shopping, but honestly it's one of my favorite things to do. Packs of paper, notebooks, pens all symbolize a new start for me. While I cherish everything from junior year and so on, I always love the start of a new year. This is another year for new changes and opportunities.




Speaking of new opportunities, I would like to share with y'all some great news! Being a person who always had an admiration for fashion and photography ever since I can remember, I would like to say... You are now looking at a Style Guru for CollegeFashionista! Now some of you might be wondering what CollegeFashionista is about. Well it is a fashion website for those who are passionate about the latest college fashion styles and trends happening on campuses around the world. Amy Levin, the founder and creative director, said "I noticed the influence street style was having on the fashion industry and realized that no one was really focusing on the college demographic." In August 2009, Levin launched her full-blown site and has since been growing. So this upcoming school year, not will I only take on the challenges of 16 hours, being the Secretary and Social Chair of my sorority, and trying to engage in more school organization but also being a new intern for CollegeFashionista! I am so happy to start this step in my life because it means I am one step closer to becoming an editor for Elle, Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, InStyle or any other prestigious fashion magazine out there. Honestly I don't even mind one of the fore mentioned because it will mean that I've reached my dream of doing what I love most: writing about the latest styles and fashion news!


If you haven't checked CollegeFashionista yet, click the link and look at the numerous posts about what to wear to dates, internships, jobs, errands, and etc. I swear once you're on it, it will become your manual to all the uncertainty you have for pairing that nice lace skirt with that certain top hidden under that stack of clothes. And if you have been on the site, I encourage you to apply for the internship! So what are you waiting for? "Style On!"

xoxo Your Southern Pearl <3

No comments:

Post a Comment