Friday, December 21, 2012

Cinematography

Over the years of my life, I have grown to adore cinematography as a whole. With it being used for wedding videos or music videos, I have found it to be beautiful and inspiring in a way. I find it to have such a metaphor in life and I don't know if it's just me but filming something to depict your perspective on a specific thing seems a little magical to me. Watching different music videos on youtube for as long as I can remember, some just go beyond the standards and reach out to me. I have always had a fascination of watching videos for songs and seeing how it portrays the story of the lyrics. Some just have NOTHING to do with the song and then there are some that just goes beyond what they should and tell the story so thoroughly! I guess it's been a hobby of mine to watch the music videos of songs or artists I take fascination over. One recent one I've watched is 'The One That Got Away' by Katy Perry. In the beginning of the video you watch as an old woman reminisces on old fond memories she holds deep within her! And then it goes through series of memories she has as a young teen, head over heels in love with this artist. But as you can see she never ends up with him but instead ends with a life that she just has to live through. By the end of the video you see that the lover is gone and she has to deal with the fact that it's now just memories of the past.

After viewing this music video, I just absolutely start feeling a little sorrow and sadness. I mean, you find love only to end up not with him!? And here I am left wanting to know more about this story! This is why I love cinematography oh-so much, because I get to watch beautiful pieces that tell a great story. Sometimes I am even left crying because it reaches out to me and I'm left with sudden feelings of despair that its over. Haha, yes I know I am such a geek for it but I just love finding the beauty in simple things!!!! Other videos such as 'I Knew You Were Trouble' by Taylor Swift has such great cinematography, and depicts the heartache of some of us young girls who fall for bad boys. In the end, it's all the same. We are left picking up the pieces after these guys leave us in the dust. Phew---- thank God that even though its happen to numerous girls like us, we do end up with a great ending! With a diamond ring on my left hand and plans waiting for me to proceed, I honestly got to say if it wasn't for that 'bad boy', I wouldn't have found my Prince Charming!!!



So some other videos to watch if you're interested:
Love The Way You Lie - Eminem & Rihanna
Stolen - Dashboard Confessional
Wide Awake - Katy Perry
Everytime - Britney Spears
Just A Dream - Carrie Underwood
Give Me Love - Ed Sheeran *****
Stranger - Hilary Duff
Last Farewell - Big Bang

Hope you enjoy the videos!
XOXO Your Southern Pearl <3

No comments:

Post a Comment