Saturday, September 1, 2012

Blogging like a snail

Hey yall, happy september!!! So its been quite a while since I last blogged. My sweet apologies! Lately I have been trying to get a swing of things with school, the new house, and my sorority. It's been quite hectic trying to stabilize every single thing and balance them all equally. But I know it won't be too long until I get used to it all again. Summer break really got a hold of me so I really need to start buckling down! This year I am taking a history class, two journalism classes, and my most favorites so far: retailing classes. The two retailing classes really help with the fashion aspect and its quite fun! For all of you at Cola, you should really try to fit in Retail 268 and 368! They have really great professors and you get to do hands on projects as well! I got to say, this year is going to be awesome! So as the start of the school year I'll be talking about ways to buckle down and getting organized!

Lilly Pulitzer Agendas | Planners/agendas will save your life!!! As long as you keep up with it and use it daily it can really help with getting yourself organized. If you have homework or need to write a vital note down go for it! And not only will Lilly help you out but she provides you with a cute cover and colorful and detailed interface! Having my agenda seriously has helped save my life. I put EVERYTHING inside of it: dates, phone numbers, friends birthdays, homework assignments, football game dates, notes, and even coupons! I take it every where I go just in case I need it and two thirds of the time I need it!!!

Apps Like Evernote | One of the most popular apps among college students, Evernote is incredibly useful not only for its note-taking functions but its cross-platform capabilities, allowing you to clip pictures, sound files, videos, and pages from multiple sources but access it from your phone, desktop, or browser.  (For more, check out our post on how to use Evernote to get organized!) Best of all, it’s accessible even offline, so you don’t need wi-fi access to keep track of all your ideas and notes. If you have Itunes (or even the internet works), you can find really great apps for school! (;

DIY Rotating Goal List | Oh my god! When I found this I immediately made my own! Do you ever have these days when you have so much on your mind and tell yourself, "I need to do this..." or "I want to do this..." and your mind scrambles? Well here you have your ultimate life saver! This Do It Yourself project helps you put all your goals down in a way you can easily keep track of the every-rotating lists of goals we all have! All you need is a pen, paper, and post-it notes and you're good to go!!!

Other ways of getting organized in easy ways: dry erase boards in jotting down little things, binders and DIVIDERS, and having lots of pens and highlighters work for me as well!!!!

xoxo Your Southern Pearl <3




No comments:

Post a Comment